Grand Rapids, Mich. — The SVSU Men's and Women's Cross Country teams competed in the 2018 GLIAC Cross Country Championship Saturday (Nov. 3) morning held at the Gainey Athletic Complex at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Mich.
The Men's and Women's teams both competed well in the championships, with the men taking a second place finish, while the women finished third overall.
Men's Race : 40 points
- Top runner for the Cardinals was Tom Goforth who ran a 24:49.7, taking third place overall. He earned first team accolades for his impeccable efforts in the race.
- Next up was CarLee Stimpfel, ranking 11th with a finishing time of 25:19.6.
- Senior SV member Nate Frasier followed closely behind with a time of 25:20.1 in 12th place.
- Parker Eisengruber recorded a time of 25:36.2, taking a 14th overall place.
- Dayton Brown completed today's race with a time of 25:36.7, finishing 15th.
- SVSU runner Timmy Kimball ran a 25:39.6, finishing 17th overall.
- Austen Mandernach rounded out the top 20 runners for the Cardinals, recording an 18th place finish with a time of 25:40.9.
Women's Race: 94 points
- Senior runner Allison Dorr broke up the pack of Lakers by taking a sixth place finish in the 6k race. Dorr ran a 21:43.0, earning the All-GLIAC First-Team honors.
- Morgan Fuerst ran a 22:02.9, finishing just under 10th place, earning a second team accolade. This is her new personal record.
- Jenna Keiser finished with a time of 22:48.9, finishing 18th for the Cardinals. This would be her new personal record as well.
The Cardinals will get ready to head to the NCAA Midwest Regional Meet on Nov. 17th at Hayden Park in Hillsdale, Mich. Stay tuned for more information on svsucardinals.com.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUXC| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU