HILLSDALE, Mich. -- The Cardinal Women's Basketball team fell in a regional road matchup at Hillsdale College, dropping the meeting against the Chargers by a final score of 97-67. Saginaw Valley got double figure scoring from three players, including Abby Duffy's sixth double-double of the season.
Hillsdale improves to 6-6 overall on the season while the Cardinals fall to 1-9 for the 2018-19 campaign.
The first half, as the Chargers led by a 24-16 score after the first and then a 23-16 advantage for SVSU in the second quarter made the score just 40-39 in Hillsdale's favor heading into the half.
In the third frame, Hillsdale put its lead at 52-41 for the game's first double digit lead and carried a 71-53 edge heading into the fourth after outscoring SVSU 31-14 in the quarter.
The Chargers continued the strong second half in the final 10 minutes of action, posting a 26-14 fourth quarter advantage to claim the 97-67 victory.
Inside the Boxscore
- Duffy had her sixth double-double of the season, posting 10 points while adding 10 boards. She was named the Meijer "Player of the Game."
- Maddie Barrie had a team-best 13 points, adding three rebounds.
- Kaitlyn Geers chipped-in with 11 points, matching a season-high for her.
- Hillsdale shot 46.1% from the floor while Saginaw Valley shot 39.3%.
- The Chargers owned the battle on the boards by a 50-28 margin.
- Hillsdale also had the edge in the paint, posting a 44-28 advantage.
Saginaw Valley returns to the court quickly on Monday (Jan. 31), playing on the road at Western Michigan University. Tip-off is set for 2:00 p.m. in Kalamazoo.
@SVSUWBB | #svsuwbb | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---