Men - Saginaw Valley State 136.00, Valparaiso 49.00
Women - Saginaw Valley State 150.00, Valparaiso 64.00 | Saginaw Valley State 146.00, Davenport 75.00
UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Saginaw Valley State University Swimming & Diving teams rebounded nicely from a tough outing last weekend with solid victories on Saturday afternoon over Davenport and Valparaiso. The SVSU men defeated Valpo 136-49 while the women beat Valpo 150-64 and Davenport 146-75. The victories by the Cardinals were anchored by many top finishes and the first place showings are listed below.
- 200 Medley Relay - Amanda Thielen, Lydia Mattar, Kimble Darbee, Alexa Bloom | 1:48.51
- 1,000 Freestyle - Alexandra Davis | 10:52.01
- 200 Freestyle - Sydney Shipps | 1:57.07
- 50 Freestyle - Alexa Bloom | 24.57
- 200 IM - Lydia Mattar | 2:12.21
- 1 Meter Diving - Elizabeth Caird | 231.80 points
- 100 Butterfly - Alexa Bloom | 59.51
- 100 Backstroke - Amanda Thielen | 59.47
- 500 Freestyle - Sydney Shipps | 5:14.17
- 3 Meter Diving - Elizabeth Caird | 217.40 points
- 200 Medley Relay - Dalton Pokley, Dylan Kopacki, Michael Spears, Cameron Whitfield | 1:36.76
- 200 Freestyle - Jayden Hutchinson | 1:46.15
- 50 Freestyle - Dylan Kopacki | 22.00
- 200 IM - Peter Lin | 1:59.89
- 100 Butterfly - Connor Henning | 52.16
- 100 Backstroke - Dalton Pokley | 54.41
- 500 Freestyle - Jayden Hutchinson | 4:48.03
From Head Coach Bruce Zimmerman...
"It was a very good meet for the team. We bounced back from a tough meet last week and dominated todays competition from start to finish. Multiple season best times were achieved by most of the team. The team looks primed to have a great meet at our end of the fall semester mid-season invite hosted by Wabash College next weekend."
Saginaw Valley finishes its competition for the semester and calendar year on the road at the Wabash Invitational. That is slated to be held Nov. 17-18 at Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
@svsuswim_dive | #svsuswimdive | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---