UNIVERSITY CENTER -- In a matchup of GLIAC opponents, the SVSU Men's fell to Lake Superior State University on Saturday afternoon by an 87-72 score.
The Cardinals worked their way out to an eight point lead at the 15:46 lead when a Belyeu free throw put the score at 10-2.
Lake Superior came back after that, eventually grabbing the lead and taking a 41-33 advantage into the halftime break.
LSSU remained out in front in the second half, outscoring the Cardinals 46-39 in the final 20 minutes and leading by as many as 20 points. They would eventually claim the 15-point victory at 87-72.
Inside the Boxscore
- Belyeu was named the Meijer "Player of the Game" after his 24 points, adding a team-high seven rebounds.
- Hoskins finished with his 16 points, six assists, three rebounds and two steals.
- Fred John Jr. added eight points with five boards, one assist and a steal.
- SVSU out-rebounded the Lakers 43-38 and posted a 17-7 edge in second chance points.
- LSSU posted a 32-26 advantage in the paint and a 47-11 lead in bench scoring.
The Cardinals play at Northern Michigan University on Thursday (Feb. 7) in another league contest. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. in Marquette.
@SVSU_MBB | #svsumbb | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---