The Saginaw Valley State University Track & Field teams competed in a pair of meets on Saturday, finishing up at the Oakland University Golden Grizzlies Invitational while the distance runners had day one at the Bucknell University Bison Outdoor Classic. The Cardinals had some stellar performances throughout the meets.
Bucknell Bison Outdoor Classic
- Allison Dorr finished 9th in the 5,000 meter run, turning in a provisional time of 16:54.40 for the Cards. That time is her best outdoor performance in the event.
- In the 3,000 steeplechase, Jenna Keiser posted a time of 10:55.42 for a provisional mark as well. The 10th place finish was her first time competing in the event.
- Sophia Bradley ran to a time of 36:35.09 in the 10,000 meter run, marking a provisional performance as well. That time marks her best time in the event as well.
- Dominique Adams (17:24.30) and Sydney Kreger (17:30.14) competed in the 5,000 meter run as well, with Kreger's time being a new best mark for her.
- Tom Goforth placed 1st in the 10,000 meter run, posting a time of 29:31.21. It is a new best performance in the event for him and is a provisional time.
- Ryan Talbott was close behind in 3rd place, running to a provisional time of 29:35.60 in the 10,000.
- Brendan Nesbitt improved upon his time in the 1,500 meter run. He posted a new best mark of 3:56.42 in the race, finishing 10th.
- Parker Eisengruber registered his best 5,000 meter time so far, crossing the line with a mark of 14:36.07.
- Andrew Bond had a new best mark in the 5,000, running a time of 14:58.45.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies Invitational
- In the 400 meter run, Kelsey Landra finished 9th with her time of 1:01.90.
- The 4 x 100 relay team finished 2nd in the race with a time of 48.04 seconds. That team consisted of Maegan Noble, Andriana Higgins, Alona Olshevska and Lauren Huebner.
- Huebner finished 5th in the high jump, clearing the bar at a height of 1.50 meters.
- Ciera Weber had a 2nd place showing in the pole vault with her height of 3.05 meters.
- In the shot put, Alicia Aldrich finished 2nd with a distance of 13.40 meters. It is her best outdoor mark in that event. Huebner was 6th in the event with her distance of 10.66 meters.
- Emily Droski finished 4th in the discus throw, registering a distance of 35.87 meters.
- Keith Rodriguez, Travon Phillips, Juan Bowers and Carter Eckhardt teamed-up for a victory in the 4 x 100 meter relay. They finished with a time of 42.55 seconds.
- In the shot put, Ryan Kelly finished 1st for Saginaw Valley with a provisional distance of 16.49 meters. He won the discus throw as well, posting a distance of 49.60 meters.
- Noah Dooley posted a 4th place finish for the Cardinals in the 400 meter run. He ran to a time of 51.16 seconds.
- Cordell Richardson had a 4th place finish in the 400 hurdles for SV, crossing the line with a mark of 57.01 seconds.
- In the 1,500 meter, Jordan Eisengruber finished top-10 with a 9th place performance in 4:13.54.
- Sheldon Elkie had a 7th place showing in the pole vault, clearing the bar at a height of 3.05 meters.
Day two of the Bison Outdoor Classic takes place on Sunday. You can follow live results here.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---