UNIVERSITY CENTER — The Saginaw Valley State Track and Field teams completed the final day of the SVSU Holiday Classic on Saturday (Dec. 2) night. The Cardinals had some solid performances throughout the weekend, including five NCAA Division II Provisional qualifying marks.
GVSU Early Bird Race
A few of the SVSU track and field members competed at Grand Valley State on Friday night at the Early Bird Classic, with three having top ten finishes.
- Morgan Fuerst ran a 2:14.61 in the 800 meter run, earning a seventh place finish overall.
- In the men's 800 meter run, Jordan Walters posted a second place finish after running a 1:52.88.
- During the high jump competition, Noah VanderVeen finished second with a 2.05m finish in the finals.
SVSU Holiday Classic - Men
- After Sam Black led in the heptathon on Friday, Black finished first on Saturday winning five out of seven and earned a NCAA Provisional. Joe Thwing grabbed a seventh place finish overall.
- Nate Frasier ran a 14:43.31 in the 5000 meter run and took a first place finish in the competition.
- Parker Eisengruber took first in the 1 mile run after a 4:13.05. Rob Roest finished 10th in the competition.
- Carter Eckhardt posted a 48.81 time in the 400 meter dash, earning the first place ranking in the race.
- In the 800 meter run, Jordan Walters finished second after running a 1:54.71.
- Keith Rodriguez prepped his second place finish in the 600 meter run after posting a 1:23.69.
- In the men's 60 meter dash, SVSU posted two of the top five finishes in the finals with Juan Bowers leading the way in second. His time was good enought for an NCAA Provisional mark. Travon Phillips finished fourth with a 7.03 time.
- Ryan Kelly took a second place finish in the shot put, throwing a 16.83m and qualified for an NCAA provisional. Andrew Mudd placed 18th with a 12.62m.
- Noah VanderVeen got a first place finish in the high jump competition with a 2.02m. He also finished fifth in the triple jump competition with a 12.51m. His high jump heighth was a provisional qualifying mark as well.
- The Saginaw Valley "A" team of Carter Eckhardt, Juan Bowers, Keith Rodriguez and Jordan Walters, took first place in the 4x400 meter relay with a time of 3:20.15.
- Jacob Kulhanek finished in eighth place in the pole vault with a 4.26m.
SVSU Holiday Classic - Women
- Lauren Huebner took third in the women's pentathlon during Friday nights competition. Mikayla Gean rounded out the competitors with a fifth place finish.
- Sydney Kreger grabbed the top spot in the one mile run with a 5:15.03 recorded time. Kinzie Sikkema and Kylie Sikkema followed with fourth and fifth finish respectively.
- Darby Meinecke, Rebecca Estep and Carissa Martin, took the one, two and three finishes in the 3000 meter run.
- Jenna Keiser finished with a 2.22.25 time in the 800 meter run, earning a second place finish overall. Lauren Wellman followed in third place, running a 2.22.42.
- Sam Warren finished in the top spot of 16th place for the Cardinals in the women's 200 meter dash with a 26.72 time in the finals.
- Allison Dorr took second place in the 5000 meter race with a time of 17:34.84. Sophia Bradley followed closely behind with a fourth place finish.
- In the finals of the 60m hurdles, Takia Bradley had a time of 9.87 and a seventh place finish.
- The Saginaw Valley "A" team of Fuerst, Bradley, Hill and Huebner, finished third in the 4x400m relay. The "B" team finished 11th overall.
- Sarah Rezler finished seventh in the high jump competition with a 1.53m.
- Brooke Sutyak participated in the pole vault competition for the Cardinals and took a 10th place finish overall.
- Donna Jean Eschenbacher finished 13th in long jump for SVSU. She also finished 10th in the triple jump.
SVSU Track and Field will relax for the Holiday season and will return to action on Friday (Jan. 12) for the SVSU Classic beginning at 2:30 p.m.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU