The SVSU Track & Field programs completed weekend competition on Saturday (Apr. 19), as the Cardinals competed in the third and final day of the Gina Relays and traveled to compete at the Calvin Tune-up event.
- In the 200 meters, Lauren Huebner took first with her time of 25.34. Lina Davis was in the same race, finishing 8th with a mark of 27.86 seconds.
- The women's 4 x 100 relay team also was first, as Daija Hamilton, Kimberly Balls, Domonique Smith and Bria Williams teamed-up for a time of 48.78.
- Anna Fochesato had a pair of top finishes as well, notching a 2nd place showing in the triple jump (11.33 m) and a third place finish in the high jump (1.53 m).
- Ryan Kelly took first for the men in the shot put, notching an NCAA provisional mark and personal best in the shot put at 16.82 meters. Ben Morrow took fourth in the same event for SVSU (15.38 m).
- Morrow added a 2nd place finish in the discus, posting a distance of 46.98 meters.
- In the men's 100 meters, the Cards took 1st, 3rd and 4th. Jullane Walker took the top spot with his time of 10.85 seconds. Gavin Stepansky (11.10) and Travon Phillips (11.12) were 3rd and 4th, respectively.
- Jacob Kulhanek took 4th in the pole vault for the Cardinals, reaching a distance of 4.25 meters.
- The 4 x 100 meter relay team was third for the men, posting a time of 44.23 seconds. That team consisted of Carter Eckhardt, Keith Rodriguez, Dalton Hollandsworth and Logan Malone.
Gina Relays - Day Three
- In the 800 meters championship flight, Taylor Stepanski finished 2nd while provisionally qualifying for the NCAA Championships with a time of 2:09.47.
- Alicia Tomlin ran in the 1,500 meters open flight, finishing 12th with her time of 4:49.66.
- In the men's 800 meters championship flight, Jordan Walters finished 12th overall with his time of 1:54.16.
- Ryan Silvestri was the team's top finisher in the 1,500 meters open flight, posting a time of 4:04.58 for 20th.
Saginaw Valley is set to take part in the 2017 GLIAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships. They will take place May 3-5 in Allendale, Michigan on the campus of Grand Valley State.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU