LEWISBURG, Pa. - The SVSU track & field team finished a weekend of road competition on Saturday, as the Cardinals competed at the Bison Outdoor Classic at Bucknell University. SVSU picked up some NCAA provisional qualifying times in the meet, along with one auto qualifier.
- Taylor Stepanski sealed a trip to the 2017 Outdoor National Championships with her automatic qualifying time of 4:23.37 in the 1,500 meters and finished 5th. That time matched her personal best in the event. She added a provisional mark of 2:08.63 in the 800 meters, placing 1st.
- Allison Dorr added another provisional time for the Cardinals, finishing with a mark of 36:12.40 in the 10,000 meters. Dorr had a personal best in the race.
- In the 1,500 meters, Alicia Tomlin posted her fastest season-opening time in the event ever with a time of 4:45 to finish 12th.
- Dominique Adams competed in the 5,000 meters, posting a personal best of 17:52 while finishing 12th.
- In the 5,000 meters at the Bison Outdoor Classic, Parker Eisengruber posted a provisional qualifying time of 14:36.75, improving his personal best time by 30 seconds. Clyde Anderson ran in the same race, notching a personal best time of 14:46.
- Joey Southgate and Eddie Komph each had a provisional time in the 10,000 meters, with Southgate trimming 37 seconds off his previous personal best with a time of 30:02.89. Komph was right behind with a mark of 30:23.74.
- At Azusa Pacific, Jordan Walters had a provisional time in the 800 with his 1:52.20.
Saginaw Valley hits the road this upcoming weekend at the GVSU Al Owens Invitational. The two-day meet is slated to begin on Friday (Apr. 21).
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU