FINDLAY, Ohio - The SVSU track & field teams completed competition at the 2017 GLIAC Indoor Track & Field Championships on Sunday (Feb. 26). After the two-day event, the Cardinal men finished in sixth place while the women were 12th.
The men completed the weekend with 51 points, just three shy of fifth place Findlay. Tiffin won the event with 167.50 points. On the women's side, they finished with 18 points in the 12th slot. Grand Valley State took home the title for the women.
- Sam Black finished second in the heptathlon event. He recorded a provisional qualifying total of 5,032 points. It's the best mark for Black so far in the event.
- Juan Bowers notched a podium finish in the 200 meter run finals, turning in a time of 22.09 seconds. It is a provisional time for Bowers.
- Jullane Walker added another podium finish as well, following up Saturday's runner-up finish in the long jump with a third place finish in the 60 meter dash. Walker's time of 6.85 seconds in a provisional mark and his new personal best.
- Eddie Komph notched a fifth place showing in the 3,000 meter run, crossing the line in a time of 8:28.00 for a provisional showing.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team had a fifth place showing in the meet as well. Keith Rodriguez, Carter Eckhardt, Bowers and Dalton Hollandsworth all combined for the time of 3:24.81.
- Joey Southgate added a seventh place finish in the mile run. He finished with a time of 4:19.41 in the race.
- Brady Watson had a pair of top finishes as well for the Cardinals. Watson finished seventh in the triple jump with a distance of 13.93 meters and was eighth in the high jump, clearing the bar at a height of 1.99 meters. The 13.93 meters is a new personal best for him in the triple jump.
- Anna Fochesato had a top finish on the women's side in the triple jump, as she had a podium finish of third place. She notched a provisional distance of 11.86 meters. Fochesato finished 10th in the high jump with a height of 1.59 meters.
- Morgan Fuerst had a sixth place showing in the 800 meter run, as she crossed the line in a time of 2:15.25 for a provisional time and personal best for her.
- Fuerst teamed up with Lauren Huebner, Sam Warren and Lina Davis for an eighth place finish in the 4 x 400 meter relay with a time of 4:04.23.
- Allison Dorr finished ninth in the 3,000 meter run with a time of 10:16.51. It's a personal best in the race for her.
Saginaw Valley will await final invitees to the 2017 NCAA Division II National Championships, which are slated to take place March 10-11 in Birmingham, Alabama as part of the national championships festival.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU