ALLENDALE, Mich. - The SVSU track & field teams were at it again on Saturday, competing in the GVSU Big Meet in the last of the two-day event. After Friday's invite portion of the meet, the teams combined for five NCAA Division II Provisional Marks in what was another solid day of competition for the Cardinals.
- Sam Black notched a first place finish in the high jump, leaping to a height of 2.05 meters (6'8.75"). It is a provisional mark for Black, who also marked a personal best with the jump.
- Jullane Walker (6.89) and Travon Phillips (6.99) finished 2nd and 4th in the 60 meter dash, with Walker's time being another provisional mark.
- Juan Bowers finished 1st in the 200 meter run, clocking-in at 22.12 seconds for the victory.
- Dalton Hollandsworth has a new personal best time in the 400 meters, turning in a 7th place finish with a time of 49.79 seconds. Teammate Carter Eckhardt was 10th in the race as well, crossing the line in a time of 50.49.
- In the 3,000 meters, Tristan Fackelman placed 4th with a new personal best time of 8:35.38 in the race.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team took home a top finish as well, as Keith Rodriguez, Eckhardt, Bowers and Hollandsworth bested nine other teams with a time of 3:20.31.
- Jacob Kulhanek reached a new height in the pole vault, placing 11th with a height of 4.37 meters. Teammate Sebastian Behme notched that same height, which is a new best for him as well.
- Brady Watson registered a third place showing in the triple jump. He notched a distance of 13.18 meters for the finish.
- Ryan Kelly grabbed first place in the shot put, tossing it a distance of 15.93 meters. It's a new personal best for the sophomore.
- In the 400 meters, Ce'Aira Richardson added another provisional time to her season, crossing the line with a time of 56.92 seconds in second place.
- Domonique Smith took ninth in the 60 meter dash finals, notching a time of 8.02 seconds.
- Lauren Huebner finished 8th in the 60 hurdles finals, as she had a time of 9.88 seconds. She earned a spot in the finals with a time of 9.19, which was a personal best.
- The Distance Medley Relay Team of Alicia Tomlin, Huebner, Morgan Fuerst and Taylor Stepanski finished in 10th place with a time of 12:00.23. It qualifies as a provisional time as well for the ladies.
Saginaw Valley will gear up for the 2017 GLIAC Indoor Track & Field Championships, which are slated to be held Feb. 25-26. This year's two-day championship meet is being held in Findlay, Ohio and hosted by the University of Findlay.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU