CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. — The Cardinal swimming & diving squads finished competition at the 2018 Wabash Invitational in Indiana Sunday (Nov. 18) evening. The SVSU men finished in first place with 2663 points, while the women took second with 2250.5 points.
Here are the results from Sunday's events:
- In the men's 100m IM, Dylan Kolpacki earned second place with a time of 53.48. Jared Caudill finished fifth.
- Amanda Thielin earned a first place finish in the 200 yd backstroke with a time of 2:01.41.
- Philip Billiu took the top slot for the Cards in the 200 yd backstroke, recording a time of 1:56.81.
- Alexa Bloom won the 100 yd freestyle after a time of 52.14. Freshman Hailey Stewart won the C-Final with a time of 55.05.
- Michael Spears earned a third place finish in the 100 yd freestyle.
- With a time of 2:19.41, Lydia Mattar won the 200 yd breaststroke. Caudill finished 2:11.84 fifth in the men's race.
- Bloom finished third in the women's 200 yd butterfly with a time of 2:09.62.
- Jayden Hutchinson took third in with a time of the 1:56.15 in the 200yd butterfly.
- The 400yd freestlyle relay led the Cardinals to a third place finish for the women, 3:33.95. The men's team finished fourth.
- In the women's one meter dive, Libby Caird took the victory for the Cardinals, scoring a 398.55, finishing in first place.
This has concluded the teams meets for 2018. Swim and dive will begin competition again after the new year on Jan. 11 against Wayne State University at home.
@svsuswim_dive | #svsuswimdive | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---